Dad and stepmother charged with murder

The dad and stepmother of a schoolgirl found dead in her home in the UK have been charged with murder hours after returning to England from Pakistan.

The charges come a month after 10-year-old Sara Sharif was found dead at her home in Woking, Surrey — in England’s south — on August 10, The Sun reports.

Urfan Sharif, 41, his partner Beinash Batool, 29, and his brother Faisal Malik were arrested on suspicion of murder after weeks on the run.

Sharif, Batool, and Malik left Britain with five children aged between one and 13 the day after Sara’s death.

On Wednesday morning Urfan and Beinash travelled on an Emirates flight from Sialkot in the Punjab province to Dubai.

That night, cops met the couple in Gatwick Airport as their plane touched down.

Footage showed officers entering the plane as police vans waited on the tarmac below.

Now, all three have been charged with murder and causing or allowing the death of a child.

They will appear in Guildford Magistrate’s Court today.

A Surrey police spokesman said: “Three people have been charged with the murder of 10-year-old Sara Sharif, whose body was found at her home address in Woking on 10 August.

“The Crown Prosecution Service has today (15 September), authorised charges against three people, including Sara’s father, Urfan Sharif, 41, Urfan’s partner, Beinash Batool, 29, and Urfan’s brother, Faisal Malik, 28.

“They have also been charged with causing or allowing the death of a child.

“All three have been remanded in custody to appear at Guildford Magistrate’s Court later today.

“Sara’s mother has been informed of this latest development and is being supported by specialist officers.”

Sara’s heartbroken mum Olga told the Sun the arrests were a “weight lifted” off her shoulders.

She added: “I am very happy that the police have made arrests.

“It is a huge relief and something I didn’t think would happen this quickly.

“I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders but there is still a long way to go before I feel closure.”

It comes after Interpol launched an international manhunt for the trio as police in Pakistan worked with cops in the UK.

Surrey Police said on Tuesday it was working to secure the safe return of Sara’s five siblings from Pakistan after a court ruled they’d be moved to a government childcare facility.

Sara’s grandfather Muhammad Sharif said he had been hiding the children in his home, but did not specify for how long.

A video emerged last week of Sharif and Batool reading a statement together about the horror.

Batool said her family “are willing to co-operate with the UK authorities and fight our case in court” – but moaned about the conditions they are living under.

Batool also said her family had gone into hiding as “everyone is scared for their safety”.

She added: “The kids are unable to attend school as they’re afraid to leave the house. No one is leaving the house.

“The groceries have run out and there is no food for the kids as the adults are unable to leave their homes out of fear for safety.”

Sara’s body was discovered after Sharif called emergency services from Pakistan.

Medics have been unable to establish a cause of death, but Woking Coroner’s Court was told it was likely to be “unnatural”. A previous post-mortem revealed she suffered “multiple and extensive injuries which are likely to have been caused over a sustained and extended period of time”.

This article originally appeared in The Sun was reproduced with permission

Originally published as Sara Sharif’s dad and stepmother charged with murder after returning to UK from Pakistan

Source link

Source: News

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *