LIVE Transfer Talk: Chelsea consider Bayern’s Sadio Mane
The transfer window may be closed around Europe, but teams are looking ahead to the summer and there’s plenty of gossip swirling around. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: Chelsea mull move for Bayern’s Sadio Mane
Chelsea are considering an offer for Bayern Munich winger Sadio Mane, according to Football Insider.
The Premier League side are said to be keen for an experienced forward this summer while complying with financial fair play regulations. Mane, 31, looks to be one of the names on the Blues’ short list if they can tempt him away from the Allianz Arena.
The Senegal international was suspended earlier this month following an altercation with Bayern teammate Leroy Sane, and it is said that the Bundesliga champions could be willing to part ways with Mane if they can recoup the majority of the £35 million transfer fee they paid Liverpool for his signature last summer.
Mane, who has suffered a downturn in form since the turn of the year, scored his first Bundesliga goal of 2023 during the 5-1 victory over Mainz on Saturday.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, more (U.S.)
10.47 BST: Luka Modric will continue next season at Real Madrid, according to Diario AS.
Modric, 37, is due to become a free agent this summer when his latest one-year contract expires. The Croatia midfielder recently met with Florentino Perez to express his desire to continue playing for Los Blancos next season, much to the delight of the Real Madrid president.
Modric has a lucrative offer from a Saudi Arabian club but he told Perez that his priority is to remain at the Bernabeu.
Since joining Real Madrid in 2012, Modric has made 480 appearances for the club. The 2018 Ballon d’Or winner has scored six goals and set up six more in 44 games across all competitions this season.
Why Bayern coach Thomas Tuchel is ‘delusional’
Craig Burley says Bayern coach Thomas Tuchel got a reality check after his team exits the Champions League at the hands of Man City.
10.02 BST: New interim Tottenham boss Ryan Mason has said he feels he is “ready” to take the job on a permanent basis following Cristian Stellini’s sacking.
Mason, 31, replaced Stellini as interim coach on Monday, hours after the Italian was sacked following Spurs’ 6-1 humiliation against Newcastle on Sunday. This is Mason’s second spell as temporary boss of Spurs, previously stepping into the role April 2021.
The club have been without a permanent manager since Antonio Conte’s departure on March 26, however Mason said he is ready to takeover should the club’s board be interested in that option.
“Obviously I’m ready and if that situation happens it obviously means I have done a good job,” Mason told a news conference on Wednesday. “But that is obviously in the future of four five six weeks’ time, the immediate thought is the game on Thursday and the game on Sunday.
“We have big weeks before anyone in here can start to think of that situation.
“I have been coaching six years, which I think is a long time … You have to be ready and I am ready. I don’t doubt that. It’s just business. We’ve got a really, really big game Thursday and another one on Sunday. The focus on my behalf and the group is just to prepare for that.”
09.18 BST: Leicester City defender Caglar Soyuncu will join Atletico Madrid as a free agent this summer, Mundo Deportivo reports.
The 26-year-old has not renewed his contract with Leicester, which expires in June. Despite interest from Newcastle United and Liverpool in the winter transfer window, Soyuncu decided to see out his contract with Leicester and reach a preliminary agreement with Atletico.
The Turkey international, a long-term target of Atletico, has agreed a four-year contract with the Rojiblancos.
08.30 BST: Erik ten Hag has talked up Harry Kane‘s qualities ahead of Manchester United’s meeting with Tottenham Hotspur on Thursday evening but has refused to get involved in talk that the England striker could move to Old Trafford in the summer.
United are looking for a striker ahead of the transfer window and Kane is nearing the final year of his contract at Spurs.
“I am preparing my team for a game against Spurs,” Ten Hag told a news conference on Wednesday ahead of the trip to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. “He is one of the players that we have to face from Spurs, so I don’t think about anything else.
“The number of goals, and also his key actions [that] come to a goal, final passes as well, he is just a great player, great personality as well.”
Sources have told ESPN that signing a top-level striker is United’s priority this summer, although there is some reluctance at Old Trafford to enter into negotiations with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy.
“I think we need to strengthen the team and more positions, also the depth in the squad,” Ten Hag said. “But don’t think about that in this moment.”
– Atletico Madrid striker Alvaro Morata has emerged as a potential target for AC Milan, writes Gazzetta dello Sport. The Rossoneri are keen to land a striker in the summer amid uncertainty over the future of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and Morata’s previous experience in Serie A makes him a strong option. The 30-year-old has scored 11 goals in 31 LaLiga appearances this season.
– Villarreal are keen to sign midfielder Dani Parejo to a new contract, reports Relevo. The 34-year-old is set to become a free agent in the summer, and the LaLiga side are determined to keep him. He has played a key role for the Yellow Submarine this season, having made 30 appearances in the league.
– Premier League clubs are set to join the race for Lens centre-back Kevin Danso, reveals Fabrizio Romano. The 24-year-old has captured the attention of teams across Europe with his performances in Ligue 1 as well as with the Austria national team this season, and talks have already taken place over a potential move to England’s top flight. He has also been linked with Serie A and LaLiga.
– Fulham are considering offering winger Willian a new contract, writes UOL. The Craven Cottage hierarchy have already begun discussions over a two-year extension. He has been in promising form since returning to the Premier League after a spell with Corinthians, having contributed to six goals in 22 league matches for Marco Silva’s side.
– The representatives of Arsenal‘s Reiss Nelson have offered him to AC Milan, says Calciomercato. The 23-year-old is out of contract at the Emirates Stadium in the summer and despite ongoing talks over a new deal, he is considering a move. The Rossoneri would be willing to make the English winger one of their non-EU players if they can acquire him on a free transfer.